Tuesday 19 May 2015

Deepanshu Saini: "Expect motivational and mythological books from me as well" (Interview) !!!



        Deepanshu Saini released his first book last year and he is already a writer with 2 books in his kitty. I had a wonderful opportunity to take his interview and I loved his straight forward answers. He doesn't shy away in speaking what other authors sometimes hide to pretend themselves as a bestseller. Do read this interview to find out what he says regarding his writing experience. 


1. How has been your experience as a Writer from last one year, Deepanshu? What changes have you observed in life since getting this special tag?

Ans. Well, if you ask about my experience as a writer, it is a little longer than one year because I am a writer since my childhood. I wrote short stories & novels, one of which get published last year which has been a roller coaster ride indeed. However, it is always a pleasure to sit with my laptop and see my thoughts swiftly flowing on the keyboard whose outcome is an interesting story.
As far as changes are concerned, nothing much has been changed so far apart from self-confidence and mental satisfaction. Yeah it truly boast my confidence and urge for writing when people compliment my work. This is just a baby step towards my dream, there’s lots more to come.

2. When did you find that you have a writer in you? And from when you started writing seriously?

Ans. You won’t believe but it was by accident. I am talking about almost 15 years back when I attempted to write a story for my younger sister titled as “Sapne Bachpan ke” and that to be published in school magazine. It was the time when I discovered that there is some hidden spark of writing in me. Since then I never stopped writing. After that I wrote many poetries for my friends on their birthdays in school and college, most of which were praised. Certainly, my writing has matured a lot with time and wisdom. The inner peace I felt while writing and feedback of my readers kept me motivated for writing and by the time it has become my burning desire from barely a hobby.

3. Who was the first person who read your first piece of writing?

Ans. As I told you, first time I wrote something in my life was a story for school magazine on behalf of my sister. It was read by her class teacher. I never thought she would ever agree to submit that story for the school’s magazine but to my surprise it was selected and published.

4. Tell us something about your first novel- Girl’s Hostel? How did you manage to write such an erotic novel as your first release?

Ans. There is an interesting story behind the foundation of my first novel, Girls Hostel: Unspoken Memories. I never understand why most of the boys usually wonder what’s going on behind the walls of girl’s hostel. To some of my friends of same category in the college I mockingly said that I will write a novel on Girls Hostel someday. And by God’s grace, here is my first baby Girls Hostel: Unspoken Memories for all the world.
Apart from just an erotic novel, Girls Hostel is also a story of love, friendship, trust, relationships, ragging, attraction and seduction. It is a story of 5 girls from different states of India, of different backgrounds and nature and spent 3 years of their life together in a girl’s hostel. This book is a bouquet of memories from the best time of your life i.e. “College Life”. Everyone, who is in the college or ever been in college shall connect to the story whether it’s a girl or a boy. 

5. How did it occur to you that you are writing this one along with your wife, Vinita Gupta?

Ans. I need a girl’s point of view for this subject and someone to share my thoughts with. Gradually, she started showing interest in the story by sharing her college incidents and this is how she became the co-author of Girl’s Hostel: Unspoken Memories. She had perused her graduation from a girl’s college of DU. This is her first experience of writing.

6. Tell us something about your 2nd and latest novel- By the Mountains. How a sudden transformation as a writer considering the plot of both the books?

Ans. My second novel ‘By the Mountains: Love reloaded’ is a story of trekking in the middle Himalayan range upto 13500 ft. and in the midst of breath taking beauty of mountains, germinates love between Dhruv and Anjali. This one is very special to me as it is inspired by my true story where I found the love of my life and am married to her right now.
If I talk about sudden transformation in the plots of both the books, well it’s not so sudden as I always try to diversify my writing and my next novel shall be different from these two. One can expect motivational and mythological books from me as well. 

7. What is the next novel that you are working upon? Can you throw a light upon it for us?

Ans. As I mentioned my next novel shall be different from these two. It is a mature story of not so mature Maharashtrian girl and about the intense relationships with an eye opening climax. This book shall change the view of readers about all their relations in life and set a new definition of trust, love and sacrifice.

8. Will we ever see you and your wife again co-authoring a book?

Ans. Sure.

9. How has been your relation with Omji Publishers as both your books are released by them?

Ans. Omji Publishers being a milestone in my life has given me the platform to showcase my talent and enabled me to take roots as an author. I extend my heartiest gratitude to Omji Publishers for always being so supportive and encouraging during various circumstances of my professional career.

10. Any words for your fans who have picked either of your two books?

Ans. I feel there is a long way to go to title my readers as my fans because that would be when readers shall pick up a novel because of the writer instead of a title.
But for now, I would like to thank all my readers to select and devote their time for reading my books. I hope you had a great time. As I mentioned earlier, I shall be writing many more books on various genres and would hope you would keep on bestow your love as always.

<iframe style="width:100%;height:100%;border:none" width="100%" height="100%" src="http://www.infibeam.com/Widget.action?view=1&count=1&displayMethod=textAndImage&priceMethod=showAllPrice&showLogoMethod=yes&site=abhil&widgetType=banner&listingIds=getCollectionType," frameborder=0></iframe>

THANK YOU!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment