Monday 27 July 2015

Ajay Yadav: "I wanted to allot a new genre FICTION + NON FICTION but they didn't agree" (Interview)!!!



Dr. Ajay Yadav is a recent debutante with his book "From Where I See". People are liking the views presented by the author on various issues. I asked many difficult questions to him but he still managed to answer everyone of them and clearing the air over many doubts I raised even my review of his book. Do experience the frankness of the author in the interview.


1. Hello Mr. Ajay Yadav, how does it feel after becoming a writer now?
It’s really great to see your book published and been liked by so many readers. For me it’s not only a book, it’s a dream for setting a utopian world. At least now I have a platform to spread my message.

2. Tell us something about your new book “From Where I See”.
I just won’t call it as book alone, it’s a revolution. It’s a journey towards an ideal world where we all dream to live in. It is my sincere effort to find out the root causes and probable remedies of intrapersonal, interpersonal, inter-social, inter-religious or inter-country conflicts. It is an exploration of hundreds of most controversial yet  pertinent questions. And this all I have tried to achieve through a story background of murder mystery.

3. What actually inspired you to write this book?
       Since my childhood I had been an analytical thinker. I observed that there are always two sides of the curtain; our fears, prejudices, fixed notions and attitude of accepting what’s served as platter does not let us peep on that side often letting the winners to manipulate the historical facts. Injustice, human exploitation, dishonesty and lawlessness had never been tolerable to me. Nothing has grieved me more than hatred towards each other. Why at every level, whether it’s intrapersonal, interpersonal, inter-social, inter-religious or inter-country we are conflicted? I started to think; finding the cause for these conflicts became my passion. I started to dream of a society free of these conflicts, an honest utopian society.

There are 2 types of people in this world. First, who are sensitive to their own needs and own desires; their life revolves around ‘me’ only.  Second, who are sensitive to  the needs of others; their concern is ‘we’, we as a society, as a country, as a world  and most importantly as humans. Unfortunately! I belong to the second category.  This sensitivity, desire to show the other side of curtain and desire to change the world to establish utopian society were the motivating factors for me to take such a bold decision. There is no weapon stronger than a pen in brining revolution so I  decided to pen down.

4. Weren’t you scared to pick up the topics that even politicians do not dare to speak these days?
       Politicians have an ulterior motive of not displeasing their vote banks. My motive is just to bring the change. If everyone takes a back seat then how will the change take place?

5. Why didn’t you choose a non-fictional way to speak your views rather than going fictionally? Like Chetan Bhagat did for “What Young India Wants”.
        This book deals with very complicated issues/conflicts of the society which without a story would have attracted only intellectuals and thinkers while understanding these issues is the requirement of the society as a whole. Therefore, to widen the base of the readers, I interwoven interesting fiction story of murder mystery.

6. Even though the book discusses various topics, its back cover claims it to be religious genre in fiction category. Why so?
       This book deals with so many issues that it was very difficult to define a genre for this book. You won’t believe Abilash that for the very same reason it was delayed for 2 months. I was simply asking the concerned authorities to allot a new genre FICTION+NON FICTION but they didn’t agree. Then I asked them to allot fiction+ religion + politics +philosophy, for which they also didn’t agree. A book can’t have multiple genre was their explanation. In India, you know the change is so difficult that finally I have to settle with fiction/religion.

7. Whose idea was of cover page? It actually represents the idea on which the book is based.  
        It was from publisher side

8. What is the next book you are writing? Can we have an overview of it?
     Right now I am writing a medical book. After finishing this work I will focus on literature book but this time a much lighter one!!! (most probably a laughter one)

9. Where do you see yourself as a writer after 5 years?
        You never know. Fate on any artist is decided by the audience.

10. Any word for your readers who are picking your book and liking it.
      Thanks from the bottom of my heart. Just one request to the readers- if you have liked it and agree with me then please propagate because we all have to put a joint effort to build a road towards the utopian world.

<iframe src="http://www.flipkart.com/affiliate/displayWidget?affrid=WRID-143782206532677823" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" ></iframe>


No comments:

Post a Comment